Section Student Activities Committee
IEEE Student Activities Committee (SAC) is responsible for student programs and benefits, and making recommendations to Section. The Committee includes professional member as chair, Section Student Representative and team of student volunteers from different student branches These volunteer members provide important viewpoints and information, and represent the voice of the over 4000 IEEE Student and Graduate Student members present at the Section level.
The mission of IEEE SAC is "To deliver a common, high quality IEEE Student member experience, for lifelong, professional success through IEEE membership." SAC oversee the IEEE student strategy. The goals of the strategy include:
- Strengthen partnership between student activities and all other IEEE Societies and Affinity groups of the section
- Create student-friendly information management system
- Diversify the IEEE Student membership to reflect IEEE's technical fields of interests and interdependent professions
- Create activities that students are interested in
- Develop and deploy a strategy and plan for first-year Student members Some basic information that a SAC Chair should be aware of is:
- How to form a Student Branch
- How to form Student Branch Chapters and Affinity Groups
- Student officer reporting
- Student Branch activity reporting
- Student Branch Chair and Student Branch Counselor responsibilities and work closely with these volunteers
- Section SAC Chair responsibility is to act as the interface between Student Branches and the Section.
- Review and recommend funding requests and proposals that are submitted to the Section for student events.
- SAC Chair is also responsible for encouraging Student Branches to participate in Regional and MGA SAC competitions and to apply for awards.
- SAC Chair may organize a Section Student Congress and may institute some Section student awards.
- Section SAC Chair is responsible for endorsing nominations and applications for grants to Region 10
IEEE SAC Hyderabad Section has organized more than 10 events in 2017 year. We have organized Technical Seminars, Technology Workshops, Webinars and Student Congress Conference with IEEE Distinguished Speakers and experts coming from Industry, Academia and other professional bodies. Recently, we have organized a flagship Conference Section Student Congress on "Shaping The Digital Future" at The Platinum Jubilee Conference Hall, OU Campus, Hyderabad. This conference was attended by over 150 delegates giving deeper insights into AI and other Tech Talks with a view on Real-time projects.
|Name & Designation||Organization|
|Chairman: Dr. G Sree Lakshmi||CVR College of Engineering||[email protected]|
IEEE Hyderabad Section Student Congress 2019
Theme: "Redefining the Technology in New Millennium"
The Section Student Congress'19, in the history of IEEE Hyderabad Section witnessed more than 1000+ delegates from 60 different engineering colleges from both the Telugu states. The entire SAC team along with Student Network members thank each and every SEC member for their tremendous support and timely mentoring during this journey. The speakers were exceptional great and the feedback received from the delegates is extremely positive. Few images are attached. A report will be sent at the earliest. This time 27 Student Branches nominated for the SB Awards.
The winners are:
- Lead Student Branch --- G. Pulla Reddy Engineering College
- Vibrant Student Branch --- GITAM University, Vizag and VNR Vignan Jyothi Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Emerging Student Branch --- Vignan’s Foundation for Science and Technology, Guntur, JNTU, Narasaraopeta
IEEE Hyderabad Section Student Congress 2018
Theme: Fueling Innovation And Growth
Abstract: IEEE Hyderabad section has conducted an event the Section Student Congress 2018 with the theme of “Fueling Innovation And Growth” which itself gives the brief about the event. The event emphasizes on the success blossoms of the technology and Science.
The meet of minds is called for the Technical Talks, Office Bearers Meetings, Talks on Needs of Industry, professional talks, lectures, competitions, fun activities. This gave the interaction between the students from various colleges and also the professional members. The convention made out by the section gave the grand success by attracting the students and gave them the brief about the core knowledge. The two days of congress has been ended with the combination of more practical and some ice breaking activities.
The IEEE Hyderabad Section delighted to offer the most hospitable welcome to all the Student Members, Branch Counselors and office bearers of the Student Branches to come and to take one’s place with rest others on the great event which was conducted at DST Auditorium, University Of Hyderabad on the markable date 11 th and 12 th August 2018.
IEEE Hyderabad Section Student Congress 2017
Theme: Shaping The Digital Future
Abstract: With the theme of "Shaping The Digital Future" SSC 2017 returns to be a promising platform providing insights into various technologies which are creating impact in our day-to-day lives.
The event specially focuses on providing a platform to all the Student Branches to come together, share their thoughts, ideas and the best practices, to learn and gain knowledge from each other, improve the overall functioning of the branches, and also give students an opportunity to interact with people from various other colleges and share common ideas and goals to attain the aims and goals of IEEE.
The convention provides a forum and an opportunity for our future entrepreneurs to share their ideas and will give a head start to their career growth. Various technical and non-technical events are being planned during the two day Congress.
Finally, the IEEE Hyderabad Section extends its warm welcome to all the Student Members, Branch Counselors and office bearers of the Student Branches to come and be a part of this mega event to be held on 4th and 5th of November, 2017.
Student Network Team
The Student Network Member acts as a link between IEEE student organizations in the section and the Executive committee.
The usual term of office is 1 year. Term of office begins in April. The time needed to fulfill this volunteer position is approximately 7 hours per week.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the role in carrying out the student-related goals and objectives of the Section
- Coordinating and encouraging activities of interest to all IEEE student organizations that report to the Section
- Work closely with Student Branches and its sub-unit Chairs and other leaders in your Section in carrying out these activities
- Provide a regular report to the Section Executive Committee about status of student units (SB, WIE, SBC)
- Passes on to successor all relevant records at the end of term
- Must be an IEEE member in good standing
- Must be an IEEE Undergraduate Student Member or Graduate Student Member
- Must reside in the geographic boundaries of the Section
- Student branch officer experience
- Ability to spend sufficient time and energy to represent student branches and chapters
- Ability to respond quickly to communications by email
Get in touch with us through mail: